Recently Completed Construction
- Dirt 66 Phase One including 6.65 miles of natural surface single-track trail on the north side of Fellows Lake is complete.
- An 810-foot segment of the Chadwick flyer Trail has been constructed on the north side of State Highway CC on the frontage of Sonrise Baptist Church west of Fremont Road.
- The Frisco Highline Trail at MO Hwy O in Willard will be closed in June for accessibility upgrades.
- Fassnight Creek Storm Water Project is between National Avenue and Virginia Avenue is under construction. Brookside Drive is closed to through traffic between Green Avenue and Kings Avenue.
- Fassnight Creek Trail is under construction between Jefferson Avenue and Clay Avenue through July.
- Galloway Creek Trail is being reconstructed from Sequiota Park to Republic Road through July.
- A connecting trail is under construction through August from Galloway Creek Trail near Covington Street to the intersection of Lone Pine Avenue and Greenwood Street including a traffic signal at the intersection of Lone Pine Avenue and Greenwood Street, connecting Brentwood neighborhood to the trail.
- At the Lone Pine Bike Park west of Galloway Trail between Southern Hills Boulevard and Covington Street new downhill trails and a pump track will be constructed this summer. Trails developed by local residents will be reconstructed in the fall and winter.
- A traffic calming project is under construction at the intersection of Cherry Street and Pickwick Avenue with completion scheduled for this summer.
- Jackson Street (Route 14) in Ozark is being widened to five lanes between 16th Street and the Finley River bridge including trail crossings under Jackson Street near 12th Street and near 16th Street to be completed by fall 2021. Underpasses are complete for trails that will connect the Ozark Community Center with the Junior High School, the High School, and Ozark Innovation Center.
- Fellows Lake Dirt 66 Phase 2 single track trail which is a 0.8-mile downhill and uphill loop north of the spillway is under construction. Dirt 66 Phase 3 is also under construction to be immediately followed by Phase 4 which together will add 4.2 miles of single-track trail on the east end of the north shore of Fellows Lake.
- The old Riverside bridge was hoisted onto new piers near its original location crossing the Finley River near Ozark Mill in March and approaches are under construction.
- A sidewalk is under contract for construction along West Division Street from Kansas Expressway to West Avenue this summer.
Funded Construction (completion within next year)
- Central Street between Clay Avenue and Jefferson Avenue is to be reconstructed as a complete street with a sidewalk on one side and a sidepath on the other and a roundabout at Benton Avenue beginning in June or July.
- Portions of the Chadwick Flyer Trail along Fremont Road south of MO Hwy CC and along MO Hwy CC west of Fremont Road with connection to Ozark West Elementary School are out to bid with construction expected in late summer or fall.
- Fassnight Trail between Clay Avenue and the Art Museum will be constructed in the fall.
- Traffic Calming projects will be constructed at South Avenue and Pershing Street, Jefferson Avenue and Elm Street, and Benton Avenue and Calhoun Street
- Republic Road between James River Freeway and Fairview Avenue including Campbell Avenue intersection is to be widened to two through lanes east and west, double left turn lanes, right-turn slip lanes, bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian signals beginning in the fall. Bike lanes are to be extended from James River Freeway to Kansas Avenue.
- Additional walkway/trail is to be added to East Commons (at East Trafficway and National Avenue)
- The Jefferson Avenue Footbridge over the BNSF Railroad is to be rehabilitated and accessible features added.
- The Grant Avenue Parkway Project preliminary planning process is underway. Get information at https://grantavenueparkway.com/. Grant Avenue from Walnut Street to Sunshine Street will be reconstructed to include a side path on one side, improved 5-foot sidewalk on other side, underground utilities, landscaping, improved lighting, and other features funded by a BUILD Grant by 2023.
- Division Street from Fremont Avenue to Glenstone Avenue is to be widened to three lanes with 10-foot sidepath on south side connecting to Jordan Creek Trail and sidewalk on north side.
- Galloway Road from Luster Avenue to Lone Pine Avenue is to be widened and levelled including two through lanes and a two-way left turn lane on a curb and gutter street and a sidewalk on one side and a bicycle sidepath on the other side and intersection modifications at each end.
- The bridge on Main Avenue over Jordan Creek will be rebuilt including sidewalk and sidepath on roadway surface.
- Walnut Street bridge over Jordan Creek is to be replaced including provision for trail along Jordan Creek.
- Fassnight Creek Trail will be extended from Clay Avenue to the Springfield Art Museum in winter/spring 2022.
- Cherokee Trail of Tears Trail will be constructed as a walk-bike trail through Battlefield City Park with connections to public streets west and north of the park (bid in 2021).
- City of Republic and Greene County will acquire right-of-way and construct a walk/bike trail along Elm Street and Farm Road 182 between Matteson Avenue and State Highway ZZ.
OtherSpringfield’s Comprehensive Plan update Forward SGF is underway. Map your priorities at https://www.forwardsgf.com/ and learn about the update of Springfield’s Comprehensive Plan.