- Springbike Club meeting, Monday, November 8, via Zoom, at 7:00 pm
- The Amazing Springfield Cycling Ride at Jordan Valley Park, 1:30 pm, Sunday, November 14.
Recently Completed Construction
- Division Street has been restriped to one motor traffic lane and a bike lane in each direction between Lyon Avenue and National Avenue.
- The project connecting the Galloway Creek Trail with the Brentwood neighborhood including a trail from Galloway Creek Trail south of Covington Street to the intersection of Lone Pine Avenue and Greenwood Street and a traffic signal at the intersection of Lone Pine Avenue and Greenwood Street.
- The Galloway Creek Trail reconstruction project from Sequiota Park to Republic Road.
- Dirt 66 on the north side of Fellows Lake is complete including 12.1 miles of natural surface single-track trail.
- An 810-foot segment of the Chadwick Flyer Trail on the north side of State Highway CC on the frontage of Sonrise Baptist Church west of Fremont Road.
- Fassnight Creek Storm Water Project is between National Avenue and Virginia Avenue is under construction. Brookside Drive is closed to through traffic between Green Avenue and Kings Avenue through Spring 2022.
- A traffic calming project is under construction on Cherry Street between Fremont Avenue and Weller Avenue with completion scheduled for this year.
- Jackson Street (Route 14) in Ozark is being widened to five lanes between 16th Street and the Finley River bridge including trail crossings under Jackson Street near 12th Street and near 16th Street to be completed by fall 2021. Trails will connect the Ozark Community Center with the Junior High School, the High School, and Ozark Innovation Center.
- Central Street between Clay Avenue and Benton Avenue is being reconstructed as a complete street with a sidewalk on one side and a sidepath on the other.
- Fellows Lake Dirt 66 ultimately will include 35 miles of single-track trail around Fellows Lake. Current construction which will add 6.3 miles of single-track trail includes trail south of the dam and east of Farm Road 197 on the south shore of Fellows Lake.
- The old Riverside bridge was hoisted onto new piers near its original location crossing the Finley River near Ozark Mill in March and is open to Finley Farms and Ozark Mill.
- A sidewalk is under construction along the south side of West Division Street from Kansas Expressway to West Avenue.
Funded Construction (completion within next year)
- Fassnight Creek Trail is under contract for construction between Jefferson Avenue and Clay Avenue through Spring 2022.
- Fassnight Trail between Clay Avenue and the Art Museum will be constructed after completion of the Fassnight Creek reconstruction project in Spring 2022.
- Chadwick Flyer Trail (4200 ft) at MO Hwy CC and Fremont Road is scheduled for construction this fall.
- Traffic Calming projects will be constructed at South Avenue and Pershing Street, Jefferson Avenue and Elm Street, and Benton Avenue and Calhoun Street
- Additional walkway/trail is to be added to East Commons (at East Trafficway and National Avenue)
- The Jefferson Avenue Footbridge over the BNSF Railroad is to be rehabilitated and accessible features added Under Design
- The Grant Avenue Parkway Project is in the design process. A design-build team has been selected approved by City Council. Design and right-of-way acquisition will occur through summer of 2022 and construction is expected through summer 2024. Grant Avenue from Walnut Street to Sunshine Street will be reconstructed to include a side path on one side, improved 5-foot sidewalk on other side, underground utilities, landscaping, improved lighting, and other features funded by a BUILD Grant. Get information at https://grantavenueparkway.com/.
- Division Street from Fremont Avenue to Glenstone Avenue is to be widened to three lanes with 10-foot sidepath on south side connecting to Jordan Creek Trail and sidewalk on north side
- Republic Road between James River Freeway and Fairview Avenue including Campbell Avenue intersection is to be widened to two through lanes east and west, double left turn lanes, right-turn slip lanes, bike lanes, sidewalks and pedestrian signals. Bike lanes are to be extended from James River Freeway to Kansas Avenue.
- Galloway Road from Luster Avenue to Lone Pine Avenue is to be widened and levelled including two through lanes and a two-way left turn lane on a curb and gutter street and a sidewalk on one side and a bicycle sidepath on the other side and intersection modifications at each end.
- The bridge on Main Avenue over Jordan Creek will be rebuilt including sidewalk and sidepath on roadway surface.
- Walnut Street bridge over Jordan Creek is to be replaced including provision for trail along Jordan Creek.
- Fassnight Creek Trail will be extended from Clay Avenue to the Springfield Art Museum in winter/spring 2022.
- Cherokee Trail of Tears Trail will be constructed as a walk-bike trail through Battlefield City Park with connections to public streets west and north of the park (bid in 2021).
- City of Republic and Greene County will acquire right-of-way and construct a walk/bike trail along Elm Street and Farm Road 182 between Matteson Avenue and State Highway ZZ.
- The Lone Pine Bike Park west of Galloway Trail between Southern Hills Boulevard and Covington Street new downhill trails and a pump track is on hold for further review.
- Springfield’s Comprehensive Plan update Forward SGF is underway. Map your priorities at https://www.forwardsgf.com/ and learn about the update of Springfield’s Comprehensive Plan.